Macbook Pro A1286 15" mid 2009 pink screen

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a problem with my Macbook, it started after I accidentally pushed it off my coffee table. Now I have a pink hue where it should be white and the screen flickers when trying to display certain colours.

I've connected to my tv via the apple display port and that displays fine so I don't think it's a problem with my gpu it's either the LCD or Cable I need to replace, I'm hoping it's the latter and that leads me on to my question, if I press down on my laptop near the keys or by the track pad area hard enough the screen displays fine and as soon as I let go it's back to pink hue - Would you suggest that this seems to be a cable issue rather than an LCD issue? Is the cable replacement an easy fix? Thanks for your help :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It does appear from your description that it's a loose cable. Likely got loosened from its connector socket when the machine was dropped. Go to www.ifixit.com and find the take apart instructions for your MacBook Pro. Once you have it apart and can see the video cable, it's probably only a matter of re-seating it to its connector. Just be especially careful with the cable and socket as breaking either would result in a major problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.