security

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
That userid is not going to be so great tomorrow!;)

- Nick

OP
T
Reaction score
Haha. Well, for me it is as I have a stalker and it helps keep track of the days of the year. Terrible!!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Can you give us more information. Which Mac model and version of OS X are you using? Do you mean that you are seeing quite a bit of text when logging in rather than the usual login screen? Is the text in multiple languages?

OP
T
Reaction score
No. Rather than an ip address in the security settings of Google. The details show my computer code, and another computer code. Also indicating two logins at the same time on different sides of the country.

Reaction score
What exactly do you mean by computer code?
Do you mean Google is showing two IP addresses logging in and only one of them is yours?
Can you give us an example?

OP
T
Reaction score
(2602:30a:2e5e:c8f0:c14d:5626:3aff)

will show up in security log in, even though my ip check on my computer is usual numbers for ip. If I change the password 3 times in a row, the ip address will again show up in the security settings. However, after a while, this type of thing comes back.

Reaction score
That looks like a mac address (not Macintosh but mac, network card).
This is what I get on the Security page:
Or is this somewhere else on your account?

Security - Devices 2014-11-27 17-44-27.png

OP
T
Reaction score
yes. A mac address. The first half is my computer. It is when you would see an ip address in the details of security log ins. And yes. The devices and activity is where I see log ins from my town and simultaneously another town. Same minute or even 5 minutes apart.

Reaction score
Could be just a glitch at Google. HOWEVER...
Change your password, NOW, just in case. You might want to set up 2-step verification too.
Mine shows my Mac at home but it also shows it in Beaumont, 16 miles away, because my ISP (Time Warner) is there.
However, I don't think that's the case here. I mean Texas and Chicago?

A network card is the device used to get online, either ethernet or wifi.

OP
T
Reaction score
Right? Plus, I have other issues that suggest some one monitors who I am "allowed" to contact. I continually change password, have 2 step, nothing works and I filed with IC3. It goes on...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.