Mighty Mouse one or two click?

Reaction score
Which do you prefer? I was using two click, but I'm trying one click and I think I prefer it for whatever reason.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" i7 Unibody, HK Speakers and a Wacom A5 Wide tablet
I think the two click system is good and intuitive but I have been using apps like Illustrator and After Effects which is more suited to two click system. Plus I don't like having to use the keyboard on PB, thinking about getting the Apple Bluetooth keyboard.

OP
T
Reaction score
Bluetooth keyboard lags, I had it and returned it (along with the one-click bluetooth mouse which was even more laggy)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I have NEVER experienced any type of lag with Apple's wireless keyboard...

Never tried the mouse though...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I also prefer 2 clicks, and which is the reason I got the might mouse for my powermac, and installed iscroll on my powerbook.

Reaction score
PowerBookG4 said:
I also prefer 2 clicks, and which is the reason I got the might mouse for my powermac, and installed iscroll on my powerbook.

Whats iScroll?

EDIT:
A modified trackpad driver that adds two-finger scrolling capabilities to supported pre-2005 PowerBooks and iBooks on OS X 10.3. Supported models include aluminum PowerBooks introduced from 2003 to 2004 as well as all G4 iBooks.

Cool stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5- 1.8Ghz - 1GB of Ram - AND - 17" Intel Core 2 Duo iMac - 2Ghz - 1GB of Ram
I know this might sound like a dumb question, but I always hear reviews that the Mighty Mouse ONLY works on tiger 10.4. That includes 10.4 and higher right? Im kind of thinking about getting one.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I can either use 1 click or 2. Both work fine for me but I guess I do prefer 2 clicks.

I am using a Logitech Bluetooth Mouse V270 with my iBook when using it at home and get no lag at all. I also know many people with the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse and none complain to me about any Lag and one types 100WPM!

Evolve, The basic mouse functions on the mighty mouse work on any computer, but the Side Buttons, Ball button and side to side scrolling only work with Tiger. You can Right and Left Click and scroll in 10.3.9 and even Windows XP but you need Tiger for the other functions to work.

Reaction score
i have a bluetooth keyboard and mouse, the mouse is a little slow but not bad but the keyboard works just as well as anything. im happy with em. and i read some bad reviews for that mighty mouse. that the scroll ball stops workin after a few months. i assume yours is all good?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
RiseAbove24 said:
i have a bluetooth keyboard and mouse, the mouse is a little slow but not bad but the keyboard works just as well as anything. im happy with em. and i read some bad reviews for that mighty mouse. that the scroll ball stops workin after a few months. i assume yours is all good?

I have 3 Mighty Mice, one got banged twice by accident and it stopped scrolling Downward. I was able to take it apart and fix it! I would not recomend that to most people though!! It hit so hard when a friend walked by and hit the cord knocking it to the ground, that it dislogged one of the rollers for the downward direction.

The only other thing I have read about is dirt getting down in there and jamming it up. You can blow some compressed air down the sides of the ball and get it out from what I have read.

My other two MM's are perfect and one I bought the first week they were released.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.