iPad gmail not syncing...

lrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX
For many months my iPhone, iPad, and OSX Mail were all in perfect sync. My iPad got corrupted and I had to rebuild it. Once I reinstalled my gmail accounts into the mail app, I've discovered that deleting emails on my iPad is not mirrored anywhere else. I've tried comparing the settings to my phone and thought I had, but the problem is still there. Unfortunately, my company forced me to install a new secure exchange mail app that was not compatible with 8.1.1 (they and I learned too late) that corrupted my phone and forced a rebuild of it. Now I don't have any "good" settings to compare anything to (don't know if the iPhone works or not).

Can anyone share what I probably missed in my gmail settings? I found post online a long time ago that outlined the proper settings (not the default ones that were created automatically when the account is created in iOS), but I can't locate that now.

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Just make sure that your gmail account is set to use IMAP and not POP mail otherwise your account will not sync across your devices.

OP
L

lrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX
It is, but thanks

OP
L

lrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So I discovered that the systems are in fact syncing; the issue is that emails that I delete (and I'm not sure if it's from my iPad or my Mac) are going to the gmail "All Mail" and those are appearing in my inbox on my mac.

Ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.