Burning/FCP issues

Reaction score
A few days ago my fatihful iBook stopped burning cds from burn folders. I would put a cd in and click burn and it would say "Make sure there is a disc with a capacity of atleast 1.3mb" or something to that effect. With the same disc, I went into iTunes and burned a music cd. What can I do to fix this?

Another problem that I am just recently having is that in Final Cut Pro when I try to print to video (fire wire to VTR), the VTR only records sound onto the tape. I have tried with multiple firewire cables and multiple VTRs.

Picture 1.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
not sure about FCP, but for the burning, try a different program. Roxio Toast is nice. Sounds like some sort of software issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
delete the preffs for fcp it tends to fix most problems with fcp, its a little bit of a touchy program, but is amazing.. I run it and only run into a problem where i have to delete the prefs once in a while (4 years 11 computers i know of only doint it 2 times) and none on final cut pro 5, but I am sure it will have to be done soon enough.

OP
S
Reaction score
macEfan said:
not sure about FCP, but for the burning, try a different program. Roxio Toast is nice. Sounds like some sort of software issue.

a software issue with Finder? That sounds like something I should try to fix or get fixed.

How do I delete the preferences?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
you could repair permissions for starters to see if that does anything:

go to the utilities folder (its in the applications folder) and select disk utility. Select your hard drive and click on "repair permissions"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
To delete the prefs, go to library/preferences delete the file ending in .plist that is associated with final cut.

when using final cut do you see what it is you are working on in the monitor when you are just editing? If not you can go to view>external video>all frames and see if that gives you the ability to view your canvas in that monitor. If this is the case you don't need to do print to video, you can just play it on the timeline while pressing play/record on the dv deck. (deleting the prefs though should fix your problem)

EDIT: The above advice of repairing permissions, is good advice and I would follow that. It is also good to do on a regular basis, and also when any problems occur.

OP
S
Reaction score
I will try printing to video for the first time since deleting preferences tommorow.

Thanks for all of your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.