Question about hard drive/safari rendering

Reaction score
Ok , so i have wdc 160gb in my imac intel (came with it , of course i havent cracked this thing open).

and every once in a while, it makes noises similar to that of a harddrive when its defragging on a windows box. is this normal? or is my hard drive screwed up?

and when i updated to 10.4.5 , i think safari rendering gets "jigsaw puzzle-esque" when i use the mighty mouse scroll (or perhaps scrolling all together). whats the problem here ?

thanks.

OP
T
Reaction score
the only reason i raise concern is because I understand that a hard drive makes noise when reading or writing, but it seems like even when i'm just reading off a website thats already loaded, it'll make the reading/writing noise still and to the best of my knowledge, mac doesn't do defragging or weird loading like windows.

but i dont know, again please responses would be great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25Ghz Mini, 512MB, 40GB
Well I've already answered your problem in another thread...

That would be the automated system cleanup/maintenance that works in the background, don't worry its normal.

It actually is defraging.

As for the rendering problem, I occationally get that on my mac but only when the system has been on load for a long amount of time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.