Best to go to Apple stores

Reaction score
I'm nor sure about SA but in England, I have always found it safer to go to an Apple store for anything technical. If they cant sort it out , Who can

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I'm not sure what generated this seemingly random thought (no backstory).

But in some situations the Apple store is the answer…and in some situations no. When Apple equipment gets older (approx. 5+ years)…Apple called these models "vintage"…and does not work on them.

- Nick

M

MacInWin

I think the OP meant to comment in a thread where someone bought a MBA in a store called iStore in South Africa. The thread now covers Apple resellers.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think the OP meant to comment in a thread where someone bought a MBA in a store called iStore in South Africa. The thread now covers Apple resellers.

Maybe so. OP certainly had to go thru a lot of effort to creating a whole new thread to post a reply (instead posting in the original thread itself).;)

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Usually if someone can figure out how to create & post a new thread…posting a reply in an existing thread is easy-stuff!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Well I guess it all depends. Have never been lucky enough to get to see an Apple Store, and as for Resellers - bah!

My local Reseller had never heard fof a Mac Pro, thought I was talking about a MacBook Pro and argued they did not have more than one hard drive day! Had no Apple Macs in stock, only PC's.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.