Safari Being Very Annoying

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
When I use safari I keep getting these plug-in pop-ups telling me a need macromedia flash. I download flash and install it, but the annoying messages never go away! This is getting on my nerves.

Here is the message:
"The page “Memory upgrades, graphics cards, flash media, and usb storage at Crucial.com” has content of MIME type “application/x-shockwave-flash”, but you don’t have a plug-in installed for this MIME type. A plug-in should be available on this page:

http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer

Do you want to open the page?"

Then it tells me on the page that if I use anyting other than netscape or internet explorer than I should use OSX's software update. Thing is, both internet explorer and Netscape run very slow because they are emulated by rosetta on the intel chip. I've tried Netscape but have yet to try IE.

I even get the message alot on this site.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Arichards said:
When I use safari I keep getting these plug-in pop-ups telling me a need macromedia flash. I download flash and install it, but the annoying messages never go away! This is getting on my nerves.

Here is the message:
"The page “Memory upgrades, graphics cards, flash media, and usb storage at Crucial.com” has content of MIME type “application/x-shockwave-flash”, but you don’t have a plug-in installed for this MIME type. A plug-in should be available on this page:

http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer

Do you want to open the page?"

Then it tells me on the page that if I use anyting other than netscape or internet explorer than I should use OSX's software update. Thing is, both internet explorer and Netscape run very slow because they are emulated by rosetta on the intel chip. I've tried Netscape but have yet to try IE.

I even get the message alot on this site.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Most Safari plug-ins are not yet universal. You should force Safari to run in Rosetta.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.