iphone 6 plus sleep/wake side button not responding

Reaction score
I've noticed that sometimes when I use the side button on the phone to wake it up, I will have to press the button 2-3 times for it to respond. It usually only happens if I have just put the phone to sleep and quickly need to wake it back up. Is anyone else having this issue? It is a hardware issue, or a software issue? Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Not experiencing any issues here with my iPhone 6. If it's too much of a nuisance, definitely make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple store and have them check it out.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
... It usually only happens if I have just put the phone to sleep and quickly need to wake it back up. ...

It's still in the process of shutting everything down. Can't wake it back up, until it completes the go to sleep process. Should only take 1-2 seconds.

If you're letting it sit there for 3-5 seconds before trying to wake it up, then it's time to take it in to your nearest Apple store and let them check it out.

OP
T
Reaction score
This is very true!
Although now I just took it out of my bag after an hour of not using it and I had to press the button twice to get it to come on -_- I just can't figure out if the button itself is defective, or if it's just the software.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.