help with safari presentation

Reaction score
This might seem a little silly, but here goes: I just loath this new way of displaying bookmarks:
ZmuR1BM.png

I mean, the old presentation (this one), where the bookmarks had the window's lion share was just way more readable than this greyish lateral slider horror which suddenly appeared when I updated my browser.

So my question is simple: is there a way to bring back the old presentation, or will I have to switch to firefox before this terrible presentation gives me the urge to throw my computer out of the window.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13", 2020, 2.3 Ghz, Quad core i7, 16gb, 1 TB, Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB , Sonoma 14.1.1
You can also just click on the address bar, that's pretty easy

k

C

chas_m

I'm glad your life is so trouble-free that such a ridiculously trivial thing would upset you to the point of throwing a $1,000-plus computer out the window.

I don't want to disrupt your serenity further, but I suspect you may have a teensy bit of an exaggeration issue. :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Maybe it just looks that way because you're showing the web page of a competing forum. ;D You can also place your favorite bookmarks on the menu bar in one folder with child folders under each subject title. That will not only look better but will offer more room on the display for the actual web page view. Or you can switch to Chrome which now offers a 64 bit browser for OS X and has a neater looking bookmark hierarchy.

OP
A
Reaction score
I don't want to disrupt your serenity further, but I suspect you may have a teensy bit of an exaggeration issue

Merely a hyperbole :)

But it is nonetheless annoying: the former presentation was much more ergonomic and easier to read

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.