MS Word for Mac 2011 macro creation-document display

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac IBook, iPhone, iPod
OK, so I'm older and cannot read a document in 100% size. I always increase the document display to 200%. Does anyone know how to record a macro in Word, use Automator or Keyboard Maestro to accomplish this? I would look to have a keyboard shortcut that selects 200% from the drop down menu without having to use the mouse to get this done.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You don't need a macro, that's the hard way. Just make changes to your normal template by increasing the view to 200% in the template. Once you've done that, every new document you create will be created with a view size of 200%. I have my normal template set to use a larger font (verdana 12 point) and view size of 125%. I use Word 2011 quite a bit in my work and doing it that way is much easier than attaching a macro.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.