Adding home movies to iCloud

Reaction score
When I right click on a home movie stored in iTunes the first two options are

1) Play
2) add to iCloud

if I choose add to iCould this option disappears and I assume it has been added to iCloud, However my question is, whilst the original is still in iTunes, where has the movie gone and how can i view it independently of my iMac.

I have looked in finder - iCould Drive - iMovie folder which is empty

I have also looked on my apple TV iMovie theatre, yet only movies that I have uploaded using iMovie theatre are there.

So my question is,

a) where is a home movie sent after you right click it in itunes and choose "add to iCloud"

I hope I am making sense

All software is 100% updated on the iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac/Macbook Pro
go to https://www.icloud.com and sign in with your apple ID. It should be there. If not you may need to go to System preferences and check your icloud settings. Make sure iMovie is assigned to iCloud.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks for the response,

1) How do I assign iMovie to iCloud, under system preferences I have already ticked - system preferences - iCloud - iCloud drive "options" - iMovie is ticked.

However I'm asking where does the home movies from iTunes go when you right click and choose "add to iCloud".

Am I looking at the right place as when going to icloud.com as I click on - iCloud drive - and both the iMovie and QuickTime Player directories are empty.

Last edited:
C

chas_m

It should go to "Movies," where you already looked -- but bear in mind that depending on the size of the movie file you're uploading and your upload speed, that sucker could take DAYS to copy to iCloud. Also be aware that you only have 5GB of space unless you've paid for more. How big is the movie file?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac/Macbook Pro
ok...so if you go to icloud.com, then select Icloud drive, iMovie should be in there long with Quicktime. Check both of those folders...that's where mine are located from itunes.

OP
B
Reaction score
OS X 10.10.1

also both iMovie and Quicktime Player folders off the iCloud drive are empty, do I have to set up to which folder it must go to in iTunes? and if so where is this setting.

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.