Desktop Folder Labels

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5" (Mid 2010) - 1 TB HD - 8GB Ram
Granted, this is a minor issue but, if possible to change, I would like to.

I have a nice photographic desktop image that has a white border. In this border I will sometimes have a couple of folders and an icon for my computer drive as well as an external hard drive. The issue I have is that all the names of these items are white in color with a subtle drop shadow that is hard to read. I have looked everywhere and cannot find any setting where I can change this to a simple black type, as are all the other files and folders within any other folder. Is there some way to change this? Thanks!

Screen.jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There doesn't seem to be a way to change the font color from System Preferences. You can always switch to a darker desktop photo or picture which would make the white color font stand out. I use a fairly dark desktop image so the white font stands out. There may be a third party app somewhere that can change the font color, but off hand I don't know of one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.