Restarting computer

Reaction score
I cannot understand what is happening, but now itunes will not quit, not even force quit, and when I tell it to shut down it can't I have to do it manually, and then every now and then I receive an error saying that I need to restart the computer, what is happening and why. I am not doing anything out of the ordinary, and I have not deleted any necessary files, etc. Any suggestions would be useful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
I had the same thing going on, I really never found an answer, but I backed up and reinstalled. It works perfectly now...

OP
O
Reaction score
Well I am hoping to do the same thing, I recently bought a mac mini for my mother, and I plan to install a new copy on my laptop. I wonder if it has something to do with the system bugs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
You could try re-downloading it from the Apple website, just delete your iTunes.app and re-install the new one. Also try deleting your com.apple.itunes.plist in your User Library, maybe the prefs are corrupt.

I didn't reinstall OSX due to the iTunes problem, I wanted to work with some partitions, so I would recommend trying a few different things before resorting to a wipe/install.

OP
O
Reaction score
I am really wondering what application it was. I deleted iTunes, and it seems to work, and the last time that it had a kernel panic, I had left it running over the weekend, so I believe that it just sort of timed out from not being used all weekend. Since then everything seems to being running well, I still get a little suspicious of the laptop however. I sure hope that Apple comes out with patches to fix these errors.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.