When will the macbook pro be cosmetically updated?

Reaction score
Not looking for anything specific but what year is it likely apple will change the macbook pro cosmetically and not just the inside specs?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
When any of us start being able to predict the future…we will let you know!;)

- Nick

C

chas_m

I can't come up with a reason why they would until some kind of breakthrough new, lighter-but-stronger material becomes available. The MacBook Pro unibody design has changed little since 2008 for the same reason the iMac has changed little over the past five years -- it's perfect (at least as far as these materials are concerned). Small wonder every ultrabook on the planet tries to pretend its a MacBook Air or Pro ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
When any of us start being able to predict the future…we will let you know!;)

Hi Nick - LOL! :)

I'm on my 5th laptop computer (started w/ a Dell years ago) which is a MBPro and must say that it has been my favorite so far (the runner up was an IBM Think Pad which I loved) - the design is so elegant and nothing on the bottom sticking out - the machine is only 18 months old so no need for a replacement but I would pretty much like the same design. Dave

1151343_stock-photo-witch-with-magic-ball.jpg

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.