Numbers issue - not good!

Reaction score
I have been using the Numbers App for many years, without having any problems - I thought. I have to say that when Apple started migrating the App to look and function like the version on IOS, I for one did not like the interface. But hey **, I got used to it.
I use a running Numbers spreadsheet to monitor the spending on my credit card, and when the bill arrives, I reconcile the two.
My new bill didn't tally up. I went through all the columns and couldn't find the problem.
Then I copied the column of individual transactions and pasted it into a new Numbers spreadsheet. Same answer. It wouldn't add up. Proved that by adding it up on a calculator.
So I then pasted that same column into MS Excel, and low an behold it all added up.
It appears that numbers was ignoring 1 of the cells. I still don't know why, but guess what, I don't trust Numbers any longer, and will now use Excel.
Some people have said that Apple's quality has gone downhill since Mr Jobs passed away. I think I would agree. I have other issues with their Safari browser, which simply doesn't work as it did some years ago. Now use Chrome.
I know it's a bit of a rant, but if you use Numbers as part of your business, Be careful!

Mac Mini 2012 i7 16Gig Ram running Yosemite (Up to date)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Thanks for the heads up neilf. I don't even know how to use Numbers correctly, so it won't bother me, but I wish I did, so I could run some tests, and then send bug report. All I know is it works with Formulae's but I'm not even sure how you go about making one of them up . . . . . Hope it helps others.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.