selling iphone 5 question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey there.
I have a question. I got an iphone 5 right when it came out with Sprint. However after a few months of owning it I ran into kind of hard times and I was unable to keep paying my phone bills, so I didnt. It's way past collections by now. Well I've kept the iphone and mostly used it with wifi, but I recently got a contract with T-Mobile and I'll soon be getting an iphone 6. They offered me $105 for my old iphone, which has been in a case with screen protectors. It's basically good as new. I know I can get at least double that on craigslist, including the mophie pack and all. I was wondering if it would be ok to sell it as a locked sprint phone, or if it wouldn't work for the new buyer for obvious reasons. Thanks for the help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
All I will say on the matter is, it is still owned by Sprint, and if you do sell it, you are selling stolen property (obvious reasons), and I would advise against that. Im not sure how strict they are in the US about that type of thing, but do the right thing, and good things will happen too you.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I was wondering if it would be ok to sell it as a locked sprint phone, or if it wouldn't work for the new buyer for obvious reasons. Thanks for the help!

Since the iPhone 5 is probably still legally owned by Sprint, as Brent stated above you can't sell it to T-Mobile or anyone else. And now you're going to get an iPhone 6 from T-Mobile which you'll likely pay monthly for 2 years? I guess T-Mobile must be wanting customers real bad if they didn't run a credit check on you. :Not-Amused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.