• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Scam e-mail re Apple ID

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
To whom should I report/forward an e-mailfrom an iCloud e-mail address telling me that my iCloud account is frozen (it isn't) and inviting me to click here to validate my account?

No doubt lots of people have received this e-mail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Your Government.

Here in Australia, we can report scams to called SCAMwatch. If the UK has something similar, then report it, they can put it on their website, and others can then be informed. We can even register to get updates when a new scam is reported.

Apart from that, it really up to peoples common sense. I have had a few from PayPal, and if you view them in Mail, hover the cursor over the link, and you can see its not from them, but every other link, shows real PayPal sites.

I filled one in yesterday, with f y words and telling them to go and jump in a lake with 666 numbers lulz cat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP17 8GB/1.9TB 2xSSDs Sierra • MBA11 4/128GB • TC 2TB • TV3 • iPh6 128GB • iPadPro12
Yup, you're not the first one - have a look at this thread

As far as reporting it, I heard that, the chap who knows how to open an email is on annual leave, so the entire British Government is more or less incommunicado, till mid-January :\

dbm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3/8GB, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running El Capitan
There is a uk portal, but I had to search for it: Action Fraud

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.