iphone 4s home button won't work properly

Reaction score
Hi,
the home button on my iphone 4s won't work like it used to. It takes a lot of pressing to get it to work. I'm using assitivetouch right now, but I intend to give this phone to my father to replace his flipphone and I was hoping I could give him something that works well seeing as though he will have issues using an iphone to begin with.

Will apple offer a replacement or a repair for a fee?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can check with your local Apple Store, but since most carriers are now giving the iPhone 4S for free, I'm not sure it would be worth repairing. Why not get your father a new iPhone 4S or 5 instead?

OP
A
Reaction score
You can check with your local Apple Store, but since most carriers are now giving the iPhone 4S for free, I'm not sure it would be worth repairing. Why not get your father a new iPhone 4S or 5 instead?

Thanks, he doesn't qualify for an upgrade for another year. My sister took his upgrade on his phone.

I guess that means the only way he can do it is if he went ahead and got something on craigslist then.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.