Organising photos on ios 8

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio M1 Max 2022 32 Gb RAM, 512 Gb SSD; MacBook Pro 14" 2021 M1 Pro Both on Ventura 13.1
Hi,

All I want to do is load some photos onto my wifes iPad via iTunes on the PC and retain their organisation (folders by event/occasion).

I can see no way to do so as ios 8 seems to decide for us how they should be organised - and completely messes them up.

Grateful for any advice.

The photos are fully edited as we wish but we just want to be able to display them in a way that makes sense to us.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi,

All I want to do is load some photos onto my wifes iPad via iTunes on the PC and retain their organisation (folders by event/occasion).

I can see no way to do so as ios 8 seems to decide for us how they should be organised - and completely messes them up.

Grateful for any advice.

The photos are fully edited as we wish but we just want to be able to display them in a way that makes sense to us.

Hello - unfortunately, the native Photo app in iOS 8 is as frustrating as in the prior version, so I understand your grief. A few days ago, I left the post quoted below in the iPad Forums concerning the same issue - check out the suggestions - the OP in that thread chose to use PhotoManager Pro and has been happy w/ its organizational features.

Also, syncing photo albums on your computer cabled via iTunes can be at times confusing - I've been using the CCK (Camera Connection Kit) for nearly 4 yrs on my iPad 2 - accepts the SD card of my digital camera; a more recent purchase is the AirStash Device which permits 'wireless' transfer between a computer and an iDevice (click the name for a link to Amazon, if interested); of course, there are other 'wireless' options, such as Dropbox and iCloud. Good luck and let us know your solution(s) - this is an oft asked question - Dave :)

Hello - go to the iDevice App Store and search on 'Photo Organizer' - there will be dozens of hits, some free and others at a nominal fee - read the reviews and give a few a try.

For myself, I have PhotoManager Pro & PhotoSort on my iPad - both should permit you to organize your images into albums and add labels. Good luck and let us know which one(s) works out best for you. Dave :)

OP
spock999
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio M1 Max 2022 32 Gb RAM, 512 Gb SSD; MacBook Pro 14" 2021 M1 Pro Both on Ventura 13.1
We have actually gone for Photomanager pro. It isn't ideal as the ftp transfer from the PC is not - definitely not - hassle free. I am not sure whether it is the Cyberduck product recommended by the makers of the app but I will investigate.

The app itself looks OK and gives a much more sensible and flexible display and does fit the bill once you have managed to load the photos!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
We have actually gone for Photomanager pro. It isn't ideal as the ftp transfer from the PC is not - definitely not - hassle free. I am not sure whether it is the Cyberduck product recommended by the makers of the app but I will investigate.

The app itself looks OK and gives a much more sensible and flexible display and does fit the bill once you have managed to load the photos!

OK - so you've already discovered PhotoManager Pro (PMP) - hope that you will enjoy; as to backups, I'm using i-Funbox - screen capture attached of the app opened in my MBPro - plug your iPad into the computer, click on 'App File Sharing' and select the app of interest (PMP is called 'My Photos' on my iPad - not sure why because the backup uses PMP) - choose 'PMP_BAK' and click 'Copy to Mac' (blue arrow added) - you're given a choice as to the folder. Works easily for me although the developer's provide a 'crap load' of other often more confusing options. Good luck - Dave :)

Screen Shot 2014-11-19 at 2.52.32 PM.png

OP
spock999
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My main computer is a Windows 7 PC and that is where my wife is used to dealing with the iPad, iPod and iTunes. So thanks for the suggestion but it doesn't work for us.

As to backup see my other thread as I have sorted that out OK.

Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My main computer is a Windows 7 PC and that is where my wife is used to dealing with the iPad, iPod and iTunes. So thanks for the suggestion but it doesn't work for us.

As to backup see my other post as I have sorted that out OK.

Well, I read your other thread about backups and you seem to be somewhat unhappy w/ the options tried, so I was simply trying to suggest one that worked for me.

Also, if you have not checked my link, there is a Windows version of iFunbox - Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.