Why does iOS 8.0.2 not resolve the issue of WiFi connectivity with iOS 8?

Reaction score
My iPhone 6 is still randomly disconnecting from my home WiFi, even after the latest OS update. My spouse also has an iPhone 6 and has experienced no issues with WiFi connectivity. When I spoke with Apple earlier in the week, I was told that they were aware of this issue with iOS 8 and would be working on a solution that should be released in 24 hours. I have a $700+ phone that doesn't stay connected to WiFi. Ridiculous. Apple really needs to get it together. This is the worst OS release yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
My iPhone 6 is still randomly disconnecting from my home WiFi, even after the latest OS update. My spouse also has an iPhone 6 and has experienced no issues with WiFi connectivity. When I spoke with Apple earlier in the week, I was told that they were aware of this issue with iOS 8 and would be working on a solution that should be released in 24 hours. I have a $700+ phone that doesn't stay connected to WiFi. Ridiculous. Apple really needs to get it together. This is the worst OS release yet.

Hello - not sure if the version number given above is correct, but the most recent iOS update is 8.1 - items addressed (including Wi-Fi) HERE - good luck! Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.