Problem With OS X 10.2.8

O

Oriflamme

I currently have OS X 10.2.8. But it seems that sometimes.. Not sure if it's my error or the com, the desktop icons freeze and within that area I cannot do anything but I can click on the top taskbar and the dock is operational. I can actually arrange the icons thru the taskbar above. Aft restarting it works fine. But this thing has occured more than ever before. Hope you guys can help?? Thanks..

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Don't know if this will help, but here goes. If you updated your system using the software update, try downloading Mac OS X Update Combo 10.2. Then repair permissions, install the combo updater, then run repair permissions again. That may resolve your problem.

OP
O

Oriflamme

rman said:
Don't know if this will help, but here goes. If you updated your system using the software update, try downloading Mac OS X Update Combo 10.2. Then repair permissions, install the combo updater, then run repair permissions again. That may resolve your problem.

I am DL now.. But I used the updater to download the update. Acutally I had that problem with the old version. But the error didn't go away even aft the update. It ain normal if u are unable to click on ur icons rite? There is no option to lock the icons rite?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.