ibook possessed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 1.5gb RAM, 40gb HDD
I'm not sure if this deserves its own thread, but here we go.

I think my ibook is possessed. By what, I don't know. But it's been doing some strange things.

First, it seems that the balance on the speakers sneaks to the right. This is especially true if I plug in headphones. Sometimes it goes completely over, and other times it just slightly moves. It's more annoying than anything else.What gives?

Second, my bluetooth likes to cut off for no apparent reason. It'll be on, then i'll put my computer to sleep, then it will cut off. Not only that, but I'll go to turn it back on and the option isn't available. I go to bluetooth preferences and even from there I can't cut it on. I don't use bluetooth that often, but when I do and it's in this state i have to restart. very annoying.

I hardly ever cut my ibook off, just put it in sleep. I dont' see why that would make a difference. Do you think that makes it easier for spirits to get inside? Is my ibook possessed?

images

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Did you cause any physical damage to your system lately..

I know this may be a stupid question but are you sure its not your headphones, or they are not plugged in all the way?

Bluetooth does not work when the system is put to sleep.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I did throw it down the stairs last night to see if it would break. It didn't so I hit it with a hammer and that finally did it in! i kid, i kid.

The only abuse the ibook has taken is moving it from my desk, to a notebook case, to another desk. I'm always extra careful to set it down gently.

And I thought it was headphones at first, but when I unplugged them the speakers were doing the same thing. So I went to the Sound preferences and saw that the level was all the way to the right. I didn't know what happened! I sure didn't do it!

As for the bluetooth, I thought it had something to do with going to sleep, but my beef is that I can't even cut it on manually unless I restart! It's weird.

PowerBookG4 said:
Did you cause any physical damage to your system lately..

I know this may be a stupid question but are you sure its not your headphones, or they are not plugged in all the way?

Bluetooth does not work when the system is put to sleep.

C

chrisb2999

I think my powerbook may be possessed as well. My speaker balance sometimes sneaks to the left on its on... weird.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
It's normal..
(well not "normal", but not out of the ordinary).

Sometimes the speakers become slightly out of sync when raising and lowering the volume...

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aptmunich said:
It's normal..
(well not "normal", but not out of the ordinary).

Sometimes the speakers become slightly out of sync when raising and lowering the volume...

Cool, but what about the bluetooth? Does anyone know what the deal with that is?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.