Mac Mini Wireless Keyboard and Mouse

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac
I have a Mac Mini that I connect to my HDTV as a monitor. I originally purchased a wireless keyboard mouse that isn't a Mac product. It works, but I would like to use Mac keyboard and trackpad, but they won't sync. I turned off the other keyboard, but it still won't detect my keyboard/trackpad. The peripherals were used on another Mac before. What do I need to do to get them to sync?

OP
DpNDallas
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac
I read all of those support articles before I posted

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Your keyboard and mouse are modern apple Bluetooth devices? Is Bluetooth enabled in OSX?

Are you sure both are working? Do they work on another Mac?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Also forgot to ask, which exact Mac Mini do you own?

OP
DpNDallas
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac
My mac mini is a year old (late 2013).
I know I have bluetooth enabled. The keyboards may be a few years old, my brother gave them to me. They look exactly like a brand new one that I have. I will test with a newer one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.