Xcode and app developing

Reaction score
Hi, I have been working on an app using Xcode on my MAC it is looking good so far and I got an offer to buy it, the app is not on the app store yet but it got me thinking, if i ever decide to sell or licence my app. would apple take a cut or charge me a percentage since I used their program to develop it?

Anyone has gone through this process?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The Apple revenue models works like this. You develop app, test on simulator. You then spend $99 for individual developer account or more (I think $299) for enterprise developer account to be able to test the app on an actual device.

Once your submitted app is accepted and made available on the App Store, 70% of the price of your app goes to you, 30% goes to Apple.

If you decide to sell your app for 1 zillion dollars and remove the app from the App Store, Apple is no longer involved in your app and gets no part of the zillion dollars.

You've already paid for the Mac you used to develop the application and XCode and related tools are free..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.