iphone 5c reinstalling music after sync

Reaction score
Hopefully someone will be able to help as this has happened for the third time. I have ios 8.1 on my iPhone. I go to import a cd into my iTunes library that's fine, I am on the my iPhone screen in my itunes (artists, albums etc, I like to sync via albums rather than genre or artists) I make sure there is a tick next to the new album I imported & click sync. It doesn't sync on my iPhone. I try again and it decides to re copy my entire music library to my iPhone.What the **** am I doing wrong?! Ever since the last ios update it has done this.It takes over 4 hours to get everything back on.I am at the end of my rope.Thanks for your help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I can't say for sure what's happening without looking over your shoulder, but make sure under options for your iPhone (when it shows up under devices in iTunes) that you have placed a check in the box that says: "Manually manage music and videos". Also check the box thats "Sync only checked songs and videos".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.