Yosemite Broke Vim??

Reaction score
I upgraded to Yosemite, had no problems, not even wi-fi, but when I start Vim (mccvim), nothing happens. I've
reinstalled and updated developer tools, mac ports, adobe reader (for printing PDF from Vim), cleaned out mac ports
old builds, updated all my mac port tools by removing them and reinstalling, and none of these -- individually or after
doing all of them -- have changed the behavior of Vim since I installed yosemite.

I call Vim, it starts up enough to command the menu bar, there are no errors displayed, but there is no new window created.

It's almost as though there were a setting changed that would otherwise cause a new window to open. But I haven't found
anything like that in the documentation.

Anyone else have any problems with Yosemite and Mac Vim ???

Mark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Nothing to do with Yosemite, just needs updating. Contact the developers and advise them of your problem.

Probably get the same answer to your Apple Discussions query.

OP
G
Reaction score
So you are saying that other users of VIM are having the same problem with Yosemite?

OP
G
Reaction score
Well, that took care of it. I had been looking at the version number of the CLI command rather than the original item linked to my dock icon. Thanks, Harry!!

Mark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
My pleasure Mark.

Invariably this happens with new upgrades.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.