Google, Yahoo, Apple not loading

Reaction score
Google, yahoo, and apple sites (including their search engines), and a few others, are not loading on my iMac, or doing so extremely slowly and are useless thereafter. Most other websites open immediately. This is happening exactly the same on both Firefox and Safari, so it is not browser-specific. The operating system is OS 10.6.8. The other iMac in the house (OS 10.7.5) is working fine as well as our Macbook, iPad, and three iPhones. There is no spyware that I know of installed on this problem machine.

What I've done so far:

Cleared all history on, and reset, both browsers.
Run a "repair disk permissions" on the Utility Disk and I've received many messages that read in different variations of the following: Warning:SUID file"System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contens/MacOs/Ar dAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Cleared the caches in my hard drive Library and Users Library folders (the Internet is now faster for the sites that do work

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.