Safari and cookies

Reaction score
Hi all, i'm on an Imac 10.6.8 Snow Leopard. I'm have a few problems viewing some sites or getting an info header stating 'this website doesn't support your browser'. I've done check for updates' none needed, up to date, I've manually updated Safari for my OS, but still keep getting these messages.
What am i missing???
I do also have little snitch, could this be the cause? If not I'm just going to say Balls to safari and switch to chrome.
Any advice would be helpful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
have you tried resetting Safari and clearing all the caches?

I'm not a huge fan of little snitch and found it too intrusive but I'm not sure if that's what is causing you problems. But you could try uninstalling it to see if there's any improvement.

otherwise Safari 5 is a little long in the tooth (I'm now on Safari 8) now so that could be your problem as well

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I have recently abandoned Safari with Snow Leopard for Firefox. It seems to be better. Firefox still gets updated and runs with SL. Safari for SL is stagnant.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.