Macbook Pro Storage Problem

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i am currently OS X Yosemite operation, I have a large itunes library (110GB) that I recently deleted from my hard drive, all the files have gone from itunes but when i go to check on storage in about this mac, it still shows the 110GB, i have used Omidisk and Disk inventory and i cannot find the hidden 110GB, i have restarted several time but each time i still have 110GB in Audio Storage, i also have emptied the Trash etc, any ideas to free up this Huge amount of space

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
In your home folder, there is a folder called music.
Inside that is the iTunes folder and inside the iTunes folder there is the iTunes Music folder.
That folder contains all your songs that were loaded into the iTunes library.
Maybe that is where your 100+ GB is.

Have the 100+ GB been gone if you check the free space via Finder ?

Cheers ... McBie

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Did you use iTunes to delete the files? If so, the files aren't deleted until iTunes asks if you want to keep the files or delete them.

OP
K
Reaction score
I believe i selected all the files in itunes and deleted them in there, i also went to the folder in finder and checked that there was no files in the itunes folder

Any ideas where i can find get access to these files?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.