Deleting User Account?

Reaction score
Greetings, I am in the process of deleting a secondary user account on my MacBook Pro (Yosemite) . . . and it is taking a rather long time to complete (2 hours), so I am getting a bit concerned. I initiated the action through the Users & Groups control panel in the System Preferences. Everything seemed to go fine . . . but it still shows "Deleting Account . . . " after 2 hours. Do I need to worry or just be patient?
Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Is your machine otherwise responsive .... meaning ... do other applications still work fine ?

Cheers ... McBie

OP
M
Reaction score
Yes, all else seems to be running fine. When I try to close the System Preferences: Users & Groups control panel the system responds that it is unable to do so because System Preferences is busy (still running the "Deleting Account . . . " The only thing that seems odd is when I look at Force Quit under the Apple menu, it shows Safari Web Content (not responding), and the Users & Groups control panel definitely seems to be stuck.

Thoughts?
Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
You could shut down your machine in a proper way, restart and check if the account is gone.

Cheers ... McBie

OP
M
Reaction score
Still won't let me restart or close the system - "System Preferences busy" . . .

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.