2008 late macbook pro

Reaction score
I have a 2008 macbook pro late model. I changed the battery in it because it was dying within 2 hours. After i changed the battery it is still doing it. I was wondering if anybody would know what the problem could be so i could fix it.
Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What battery did you purchase? Was it an Apple battery or one that you bought somewhere else? And, did you try another MagSafe Charger adapter?

OP
R
Reaction score
Battery

Its a anker battery I bought new off amazon. I also have tried different Battery chargers.

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I've never heard of that particular battery manufacturer and can't comment on whether or not it's a good replacement. But if you swapped out the MagSafe Charger and still not getting any better than 2 hours off the battery, something else might not be working right.

You should be getting around 3 hours or more off a new battery if everything else is working the way it's supposed to be. There may be problems with the internal charge - discharge logic; something that might be costly to repair.

Reaction score
I would try and use an OEM Apple Battery instead of the aftermarket and see if there is any difference with performance.

If the problem persists even with OEM battery, then what chscag said above is correct. It would have to be an issue with the logic board, but hopefully not.

Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.