Running a game on a Mid 2010 Macbook Pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro. 2.3Ghz Intel Core i7 running OSX 10.14.6, 16GB Ram
I have recently bought a second hand Mid 2010 MBP as my Late 2008 one died on me.
I had been playing Lego Marvel Superheroes on my Bootcamp partition and it played very well, but now, on a Mac nearly 2 years newer, it won't run.
It claims that the graphics card doesn't support 3d shading.
I've checked the min sys requirements. Nvidia 320M is not supported, but I have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 256 M.
My old mac ran the NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT and GeForce 9400M.

I'm a bit confused as to why a much new mac can't run a game that an older one could!

Anyone have an answer?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your newer MacBook Pro is using a graphics adapter that does not support 3D Shading which the game requires in order to run. It's a matter of sometimes that newer is not necessarily better when it comes to running things like games or graphic programs. Of course it all depends on the game requirements. If the game developer has a forum or on line support you might ask them if there is a work around for your graphics adapter.

OP
Simbad54
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro. 2.3Ghz Intel Core i7 running OSX 10.14.6, 16GB Ram
Hi chscag, sorry I never replied to this. I think I forgot to subscribe to my own post.
Thanks for the info.
I'll look into a workaround, but it looks pretty bleak to be honest

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.