Overheating charger ends

C

chas_m

Whereas I am still using the same charger from 2004 (or maybe 2006, can't remember) to charge my no-longer-used G4 iBook. My 2007 charger for my BlackBook Pro is also still functional, as is the one for my 2012 MBP.

Are you certain you are buying genuine Apple chargers?? I've notice that Chinese knockoff ones are dangerous and tend to overheat. Genuine ones get warm, as they should, but do not "overheat" (I'm not even sure what you mean by this) or wear out quickly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I'm on my third charger what can the problem be they are not cheap
\

Hello & welcome to the forum! :) You're are likely not going to receive comments w/ the virtual absence of information provided in your post. Please read the opening post in this thread Writing Quality Post and provide us some specific details - Dave

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
3rd charger in a week would be quite a different story than 3rd charger in 5 years...

I've had to replace the charger about once a year for all of my notebooks - meanwhile, my wife has never needed to replace one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.