iPod lasting about a day

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP | iPhone 13 Pro Max | 45mm Watch | iPad Pro 12.9 | iPad Pro 11
hello all. I have a 5th gen iPod touch (MGFY2LL/A) that I purchased brand new about a month ago. I had an update pushed to it a few days ago and battery life changed. I noticed Background Refresh had been enabled, so I turned it off. Now it's worse. I swear I charged it lastnite, this afternoon I goto to plug it in my car to listen to my playlist and it was dead. This was about 2 hours ago. It seems to be taking forever to charge. I can't see my battery percentage (is this disabled for iPods now??) but it's not charged much.

Has it gone defective? I dont know if i can exchange it (Best Buy) because I think i'm beyond the return/exchange period. Im doing a backup to my computer and will do a factory reset on it hoping that helps.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It doesn't matter where you bought it. Your iPod Touch is warranted for one year by Apple and if the battery is defective, you can take it to Apple for replacement. Is there an Apple Store nearby?

OP
pcdebb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP | iPhone 13 Pro Max | 45mm Watch | iPad Pro 12.9 | iPad Pro 11
I have two Apple stores in town. I will visit one this weekend.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.