Adobe Reader 11 App trouble after iOS 8.1 update

Reaction score
I have been using the Adobe Reader 11 app to open PDFs and annotate them. The revised pdf is then uploaded to dropbox and the reps in the field can download and continue annotating the same file. The field reps use iPads and or iPhones but since the update to iOS 8.1 we can no longer annotate. Thoughts anyone?

Len

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
What happens when you try to annotate a PDF?

OP
L
Reaction score
In the past, we could open the file in Adobe Reader app and the annotatable regions would be highlighted in blue. In the blue areas we could add a note and then simply upload to dropbox which would ask us to overwrite the file. Now the annotatable regions are gone, making it read only. I had a programmer specifically design this pdf form for me so it could be virtually passed and added to from one person to another via their mobile devices.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.