dead screen on iPhone 5s

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch MBP 2.5 ghz i7 16 GB Antiglare screen
The screen on my 5S started going out a few days ago intermittently. Then the time intervals that it blacked out increased. Now the display doesn't work at all. I would try to do a reset through iTunes but I can't because without a screen display I can't turn off 'find my phone' as requested (as a security feature).

I have an appointment at my local apple store and the phone is just two weeks shy of being out of warranty.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It sounds like a hardware problem with your iPhone. Let's hope the Apple Store will repair it for free since it's only two weeks out of warranty. Normally, instead of in house repairs (except for battery replacement) they usually swap out the phone for a refurbished unit.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch MBP 2.5 ghz i7 16 GB Antiglare screen
It sounds like a hardware problem with your iPhone. Let's hope the Apple Store will repair it for free since it's only two weeks out of warranty. Normally, instead of in house repairs (except for battery replacement) they usually swap out the phone for a refurbished unit.

I took the phone in today, they decided it was more than just the screen. It was swapped for another 5s. Can't complain about the service at all. Thanks for the help.

DPH

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.