my jbl speakers are playing up HELP ASAP!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
hi,

my jbl speakers 2.1 sound are playing up, they were running great for about the first week and now they have gone very quiet. i can still just about hear them but they were a lot, lot better. they are so quiet now that my laptop speakers on my ibook g4 are way louder. please help before i take them back . My sound in the system prefs is all on full, input, output and the sound on the top bar (by the clock and airport displays) all on full please please help

chris tm

thanks hopefuly

B

bfx

Most likely the problem is a bad connection.

If you're running them from a wireless source that could the problem. Either a bad signal ot bad unit in either the computer or the speakers

Reset the system sound level to mid level volume, shut the computer down and then check the speaker wiring.

These days a lot of speaker systems come with thin, shoddy speaker wiring that is easily damaged.

Particular areas to pay attention to:

Connections may appear to be good but aren't.

Any area where the wiring may have been pinched. This can cut at least some of the wire strands and not even leave an external mark.

Avoid sharp bends in wiring especially at the connecters. Another area where internal damage can occur.

If possible cross check by using a different set of speakers or a different source. Be careful and avoid overdriving the speakers.

bfx

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
bfx said:
Most likely the problem is a bad connection.

If you're running them from a wireless source that could the problem. Either a bad signal ot bad unit in either the computer or the speakers

Reset the system sound level to mid level volume, shut the computer down and then check the speaker wiring.

These days a lot of speaker systems come with thin, shoddy speaker wiring that is easily damaged.

Particular areas to pay attention to:

Connections may appear to be good but aren't.

Any area where the wiring may have been pinched. This can cut at least some of the wire strands and not even leave an external mark.

Avoid sharp bends in wiring especially at the connecters. Another area where internal damage can occur.

If possible cross check by using a different set of speakers or a different source. Be careful and avoid overdriving the speakers.

bfx
\

ok thankyou very much

i will try it tommorow

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
they are now working

thanks very much

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.