tea spilled- damage later?

Reaction score
Hi,
Last week I spilled around hald a cup of tea on my macbook air. I don't really know how much of it actually got on my keyboard. It wasn't plugged in, so I immediately flipped it over and after around 30s shut it down. Then cleaned the remains with a paper towel, left it upside down in a warm room for 3,5 days. When I turned it on 2 days ago, it was all ok.
But now I an wondering whether there could be damage appearing only after days-weeks-months???Thanks a lot
L

Reaction score
Unfortunately, yes, there could. It seems to be quite a frequent damage pattern for liquid-induced damages, even. Because apart from the immediate short-circuit potentially caused by the liquids, the water, sugars etc. cause corrosion and other deterioration over time.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Just got to wait & see.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi,
Last week I spilled around hald a cup of tea on my macbook air. I don't really know how much of it actually got on my keyboard. It wasn't plugged in, so I immediately flipped it over and after around 30s shut it down. Then cleaned the remains with a paper towel, left it upside down in a warm room for 3,5 days. When I turned it on 2 days ago, it was all ok.
But now I an wondering whether there could be damage appearing only after days-weeks-months?...

Hello & welcome to the forum! :) In the meantime, take at look at the forum's official Sticky on the topic of liquid spills.

Hope all goes well w/ your laptop but problems may occur w/ time, as already stated - good luck! Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.