Yosemite - Notes not syncing

Reaction score
I am now on Yosemite, and noticed my Notes application had stopped syncing with my IPhone before the upgrade. On my Mac in settings > iCloud, I unchecked and re-checked Notes, but it did not rectify the issue. At the top of the list I selected Options for iCloud Drive, and Notes is not even listed. Not sure if it should be.

Any idea to get this resynced? Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Are you signed into iCloud on your iPhone and Mac using the same Apple ID? And have you turned on Notes in iCloud settings on your iPhone?

OP
R
Reaction score
Are you signed into iCloud on your iPhone and Mac using the same Apple ID? And have you turned on Notes in iCloud settings on your iPhone?

Yes, but I just found it because you prompted me to double-check!
What had happened is that I had created a new Exchange email account for work and it changed the Notes settings to default to it. I changed the default back to what I use which is GMail primarily, tested, and wham, it's there.

Thanks again, and hopefully this post will help someone else.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, thanks for posting back. Glad to hear your notes are once more syncing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.