Mac Book Air doen´t start

Reaction score
i am not sure if someone could help me, but I have a Mac Book Air und since yesterday it doesn´t start. The last time I used it was everything fine expect for being extremely slow. I´ve been living in Germany (Munich) for 3 months and i was looking for someone who could fix this problem, the only thing ist that I cannot speak german very well. I´ve heard from a computer service called Expertiger and i was thinking about trying it but i am not sure if i will work since i have no good command of the language. does anyone know a computer service which offers english speaking services?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
What happens when you try to power it on? Do you get the Mac startup sound? Do any of the LEDs light up?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
Mine did this a month or two back. It would go to start up, then screen would go blank. You could then move the mouse cursor, but it was a black screen. You could also still get into the restore mode, but it wouldnt fix it. I carried mine by the Apple store and they did a low level format of the hard drive and reinstalled OSX. It started working just fine again.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Can you try booting into Safe Mode using these instructions? If you hear the sound, the POST (Power On Self Test) has completed and things are OK as far that goes..

Do you see a black screen or any light on the LCD?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.