iBook G3 problems pleaaaaase help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 " Intel iMac, 60 GB 5th Gen iPod 12300+ Songs
Alright series of problems...

It's off right and like i pick it up and while its closed I hear the Apple chime that sounds when you turn it on. But I havent touched anything.

Then i'll open it with the intention of waiting for it to start up so I can hit shut down and the power just seems to shut off.

I've also had trouble with hitting the "delete" key and it ask me if I want to shut down, sometimes if I hit cancel its fine other times it just shuts off before I even get to hit cancel.

It really sucks I plan on taking to an Apple Genius this week but was wondering if anyone has had this problem here possibly knows what to do??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I have not experienced this, but it sounds like the logic board, except for the automatic shutting itself down part. were you running off the battery when this happens, or are you plugged into an AC outlet?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
ill second a logic board gone and maybe the keyboard, once the genius guys look at it you will be in safe hands

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 " Intel iMac, 60 GB 5th Gen iPod 12300+ Songs
I post frequently on iLounge and everyone there said the same thing about the Logic Board, I learned that this is like a 500-700$ part ugh...but I also read about an extended extra logic board warranty on a lot of the iBooks cause it was a common problem with the G3 so I hope its still covered!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.