• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Free Screen Recorder

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27 inch 2017. Processor 3.4GHz Inte Memory 8GB 2400 MHz DDR4. Graphics Radeon Pro 570 4GB
Looking for good Free screen recorder software to record from screen and then use the files on a tv?

Recommendations please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 DUO,8GB,G4SE 8600GT 256,leopard 10.5.8
What do you do for iPad and iPhone? Like recording game apps to review or post. Thanks

Been searching, not a lot of luck, and I don't wanna jb. From what I have found

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
What do you do for iPad and iPhone? Like recording game apps to review or post. Thanks

Been searching, not a lot of luck, and I don't wanna jb. From what I have found

Yep - I don't 'jailbreak' my iDevices and not sure there is an app in the store that would accomplish that goal - did find this LINK, but have not used the program and thus cannot offer a recommendation.

But, one way is to cable your iDevice to your computer and then start QuickTime - select your iDevice in the drop-down menu - see my screen capture below from my MBPro - made about a minute movie playing Solitaire - not sure if that is what you may want? Dave :)

Screen Shot 2015-01-28 at 4.01.41 PM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.