Missing iLife apps with clean install

Reaction score
My Macbook came pre-installed with the iLife apps (e.g., iPhoto, iMovie, etc.) when I first purchased it back in 2009 (with Snow Leopard OS). For the past few OS updates, i've just upgraded and my apps have remained. This time around i went for a clean install, since i've been having some issues. Is there any way for me to get my iLife apps back from my TimeMachine back up of my old machine? Or any other way for me to get them?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you have a good Time Machine backup that you made prior to doing a clean install of Yosemite you can restore your iLife apps. Open Time Machine and select a date before you installed Yosemite, find the iLife apps by using Finder from TM, and then restore. But before you do that, open the Mac App Store, select purchases, and see if your iLife apps are listed. If they are, just re-download.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.