How do I move songs to playlists with no sidebar?

lrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX
I use to be able to drags songs from my music list to playlists in the sidebar. With iTunes 12 I can't get the sidebar to appear anymore (apparently that's a new feature in v12 per the blogosphere).

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 ghz
I use to be able to drags songs from my music list to playlists in the sidebar. With iTunes 12 I can't get the sidebar to appear anymore (apparently that's a new feature in v12 per the blogosphere).

Thanks

Kinda confusing, isn't it?!

Let's see if I can remember.

I click the music icon on the top left.

In the top center, there are various options (My Music, Playlists, Radio, iTunes Store) - select playlists.

What you then see depends on prior selections, I think. If you don't see your entire music list with the playlists on the left side, go to the top of that left column. You'll see a heading of "Library" and right under that another music icon, just like the one on the top left. Selecting it should then show your whole library.

Then you can drag songs over to the playlist you want.

M

MacInWin

And for all the other options (apps, videos, etc) the "Playlist" button will restore that left column (sort of) that used to be there by default.

OP
L

lrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX
Thanks to both of you…I missed that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.