Mac memory issues

Reaction score
I think Apple is making a big mistake about no allowing customer to upgrade memory to the new CPU's. If you don't buy the computer with the highest amount of memory you are stock with it for the rest of the computer life. What a shame, Steve would not made that decision.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Yes…this has been a concern of some folks for about the last 2 years. But since this topic has been discussed for quite a while now…many folks are aware of the issue.:)

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
I know that it is an old issue, but at least we had some model we coulded upgrade. Now none are upgradable. Leaving only the 27" iMac and the Mac Pro.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I know that it is an old issue, but at least we had some model we coulded upgrade. Now none are upgradable.

retina MacBook Pro's have been around for 2+ years now. Yes…MacBook Pro's from 2+ years ago still had upgradeable ram. But talking about this non-upgradeablility now is old news.

This was a much more active discussion a while ago. If you are aware that this is an "old issue"…why bring it up again now??;)

- Nick

p.s. And technically speaking…Apple is still selling an upgradeable MacBook Pro…this one (the 2.5ghz 13" model)::)

MacBook Pro - Buy MacBook Pro with Retina display - Apple Store (U.S.)

If you want to purchase a new MacBook Pro with upgradeable ram and hard drive…then this is the one for you!:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.