Stolen!

E

Edwin2213

My roommates powerbook was stolen over the weekend and he was wondering if there is anyway to track it through apple to see if anyone tries to reregester it or if he is just out of luck. Any information or other ideas would be much appriciated. Thanks lot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
Did he register the computer with apple? If so, apple will record it as stolen, and if someone brings it in for repair or something, apple will try to get your friend's laptop back.

OP
E

Edwin2213

Is the regestration something different than what you do when you first set it up??? Im new to all this mac stuff so thanks for you patience.

OP
M

menace3054

Edwin2213 said:
Is the regestration something different than what you do when you first set it up??? Im new to all this mac stuff so thanks for you patience.

no, thats registering it. he just needs to call them now and let them know it was stolen. also, if you live in a house, homeowners insurance should cover it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i hope he gets it back, the combination of contacting apple and insurance shoudl get him his computer back quickly....

when he gets something back, or a new computer, buy him a computer lock
-chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.