Difficulties understanding Music app - iOS 8.1

Reaction score
I am puzzled by "Music." I can't find a way to turn it off. I can't even get to the volume to turn it up or down. Right now I have all my songs playing in sequence and I have a whole slew of them. I'm finding this iOS much less intuitive than my earlier phone. Help!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I've changed the title of your thread to be more descriptive.

Can you be more specific? Are you unable to pause the music? Do the volume control work in another app?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I am puzzled by "Music." I can't find a way to turn it off. I can't even get to the volume to turn it up or down. Right now I have all my songs playing in sequence and I have a whole slew of them. I'm finding this iOS much less intuitive than my earlier phone. Help!

Hi Koresun - please provide the iPad model - try the maneuvers below in order for the music app; if you have just recently upgraded to iOS 8.1, do you do a 'hard reset' (just something I've always performed after this more major upgrades - just did my iPad 2 & wife's iPad Mini) - good luck and please post back your results. Dave :)

When an app (or several) are misbehaving, I usually go through the following steps:

1. Force Close - open the multi-tasking bar (double tap the 'home buttom’) - iOS 7.x/8.x - find the offending app - then press and drag to the top of the screen - return to the home screen & try again.

2. Restart - press & hold the 'Sleep/Awake' (a.k.a. power) button until a red slider appears (may take a few seconds) - move the slider to turn off the iPad; then press & hold the same button until the Apple logo appears - wait for a restart.

3. Reset - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - this may take a longer time, so have patience; the iPad will 're-boot' - NOTE that none of these maneuvers will alter your apps, files, or settings.

M

MacInWin

Wrong forum. This is an IOS question, not OS X. Can a MOD move it to the IOS forum for better exposure?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Wrong forum. This is an IOS question, not OS X. Can a MOD move it to the IOS forum for better exposure?

You owe me.:Mischievous: I expect a return appearance on the Sunday show soon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.