Increasing Screen Resolution, iBook G4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD
Does anyone know if it's possible to increase the screen resolution higher than 1024x768 on an iBook G4?

What I did was plug in my LCD flat panel, but it doesn't look so hot at 1024x768 - I was hoping to increase the resolution on the LCD panel only?

While I am thinking about it - right now, as it stands, both the LCD Panel and the display on the iBook are on - is there a way to have just the LCD panel be on?

Thanks in advance!

- Peter

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' MacBook 2.2Ghz 1Gb Ram 120Gb ,iMac G3 CRT 600 Mhz 512 Ram 60Gb Broken iBook G4, stolen Nano
pphking said:
This may be of use to you.

http://www.rutemoeller.com/mp/ibook/ibook_e.html

Hope this helps
Paul

sure helped me, thanks :mac:

(EDIT)
pro:
Works great with dvd player I can keep an eye on my desktop while watching full screen on the 19'' VGA. As an added bonus the airclick usb commands dont show up in front of the movie but on the ibook display instead. Dont have to hide the dvd controler i can just leave it on the ibook display.

Great for remote desktop

chat window on one display and web browser on the other, or whatever

cons:
I dont like that when i use the ibook display for firefox the dvd window on the vga display shrinks but thats a dvd player issue.

wont run snes9x fullscreen on the vga have to mirror the displays, again a snes9x issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Would this work with my G4 Ti PowerBook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 1.33 Ghz, 768 RAM
I'm just glad to be able to help.

I am not sure if it would work with your Powerbook. I would just try it and see. Or ask the guys in the Powerbook / MacBook Pro section of this forum.

Hope this helps
Paul

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.