Unlimited data on VZ moves to max data

Reaction score
I stopped into my local verizon store today to ask about the ip6 and although they are still out of inventory, I got to talking to the manager. I asked him about upgrading to the ip6 but still keeping my udp. I currently have the old family plan where 2 of the lines are udp with ip5 and the other 3 lines are dumb lines. All lines are available for upgrades. I asked if I could use 2 of the dumb lines and purchase the ip6 and add a very basic data package to the 2 dumb phones and then immediately drop the data package and the 2 ip6 and put the old phones with the old call plans back and he said you can't do that anymore because verizon now makes you keep that basic data plan for a year or something. He said if you drop the data plan, you're still liable to pay the data plan even though you're not using it attached to a phone.

He then mentioned that they have something called a max data plan and said that it's not advertised but it's basically for people who have the udp and want to get a new phone but don't necessarily want to give up access to the udp. So the max data plan apparently was created as a compromise where you get 6gb of data, non-shared, per line for the same fee of $30.

It's not a way to keep the udp but still 6gb for the same $30 is better than nothing. This sounds too good to be true. Can anybody confirm if this plan is for real?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.